Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Six down and counting!

For some odd reason - the mosquito population has made a comeback. I've killed six already just in my bedroom in the last few hours - my legs are covered with bites. Mosquitoes here will bite you several times in the same general area. One lucky b@$t@r& got me EIGHT times on my thigh! (I think I got him later with the net of death though - he died in a nice big POP and FLASH as he hit the electric net. GOTCHA!!)

These suckers are hard to find and kill because they are small and fly pretty fast. It usually takes me several tries to catch each little bugger. I'm just hoping that none of these suckers are carrying dengue, yellow fever or malaria.

Every once in a while when I go on these insect killing sprees - I remember the story about James and the Giant Peach and hope that I should never find myself faced with an irate insect who remembers that I murdered one of their relations. (I know - random!)

No comments: