Tuesday, November 07, 2006

epiphany

I just had an epiphany...here I was thinking that I was acclimating fairly well and just jumping right into the new company...but I just realized that I really wasn't doing as good of a job as I thought. I was getting a little frustrated due to some confusion and my own misunderstanding and unfamiliarity around some project details, and I guess I was getting grumpy. =)

I'm getting a reputation for being somewhat mean here. That's not me and that's not how I usually work. I just realized that it was symptom of sorts. I guess I'm not acclimating as well as I thought. I had some pre-conceptions that I was working with...so I worked off those rather than feeling things out.

I need to open my brain and open my heart and start being more aware of how I'm doing/saying things. Ahhhh...I can be such a CHUB sometimes!

Ah well - no sense in belaboring the past. I am resolving to actually thinking and being aware of what I am doing moving forward...pierce through that fog of working in a foreign environment and move on!

1 comment:

Kim Seidler said...

Terrina! Just finally got caught up on your blog! I'm so sad that I didn't get to say bon voyage before you took off, but I knew I would be able to find you! I'm having a ball reading your blog and I can just imagine you and the cockroaches.

I picked this entry to comment on because I just have to say No, you are not like that - and good for you for figuring out that you just might not be feeling completely acclimated. It's amazing what you are doing and I'm so thrilled and excited for you. You'll get through it and that silly reputation that you are getting will just melt away and everybody will quickly realize how exceptional you are! :)

I'll try and write more and follow your blog. Miss you!

-Kim