Alright - here's a challenge for any techie friends reading this blog. I can't seem to log back into my system after I've locked the screen or am restarting from standby mode.
The functionality worked properly when I first got the system AND after I re-imaged it yesterday evening. But after all the work of backing up the system and re-imaging it...I'm running into the issue again! It seems that maybe one of the software updates from the Microsoft Updater or one of the basic softwares I've reinstalled must be causing the problem.
The connection here is so slow that it's taken me almost all day just to download updates to the operating system, virus scan updates, Mozilla Firefox, iTunes and the new version of Post-Its. (All pretty mandatory software in my book.) I'm just going to continue without using standby or screen lock for now...and periodically check to see if one of the Microsoft Updates fixes this problem. What a waste of my time!!
Anyone heard of this problem before? I've got a Lenova (formerly IBM) Thinkpad T60. What a pain - it's brand new as of late September. =(
Friday, November 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment