Sunday, November 12, 2006

the little things...

It's surprising the things you miss, living abroad (besides your friends and family of course!!) ...
  • Being able to decide to go somewhere on a whim or on an errand and just going there myself. I miss my independence - I have to call for a driver or ask someone to take me around. I love being on my own to just put around the town and do whatever I like.
  • Food - MEXICAN FOOD...or just the variety available at home. Like today - I have a huge craving for Hawaiian BBQ.
  • MUSIC - thank goodness for iTunes. Seriously, I didn't realize how much music was an integral part of my life (like tunes in the car, etc) until I didn't have it. I've started playing my music off the computer this last week and it's really helped me to feel more at home. =)
I'm still getting used to living here - after all, it's been less than a month. I'm sure that I'll love it once I get more familiarized with things and start making myself at home. Many of the US ex-pats that I've met here either will never move back to the US or don't plan to for another 5-10 years.

No comments: