Tuesday, November 28, 2006

NO VOICEMAILS?!!

I finally realized - after a month in Bangladesh - that none of the cell phones here have voicemail. Maybe because of the SIM cards??!! Am I the only one who finds this weird and a little debilitating? I mean - if you miss a call, there's no way for someone to leave you a quick short message.

My alternative, if I can't get a hold of someone, is to shoot off a quick SMS (text) message. But - it appears that not everyone has caught on to my brilliant idea. =)

It's a different culture. It's not so important to get voicemail I guess. I don't have voicemail in the office either - the only way is to leave me a voicemail on my vonage phone (which is from the States). Funny, huh?

1 comment:

OogaBooga said...

That's why you're there, honey bunny, to teach those Bangladeshi (?) people to always be available, 24/7 and to always be on their tippy toes! :P Western values take over the world beginning with voicemail for all!