So...one of the few guilty pleasures that I am able to share with my friends/family from the US is the current American Idol season, which is also being aired on our local tv (broadcast from India). We see the show the day after it airs in the US - but it's fairly current, all things considered.
I just found out that there is this website called Vote for the Worst - who is encouraging votes for Sanjaya Malakar to keep him on the show. Now - if you've been watching like I have, you'll know why that's so painful to hear. OMG!! I was initially rooting for the guy - hoping to see a new face emerge from the ranks of American Idol...but he just didn't step up! He's got a nice tone to his voice and could probably be a good recording artist - but live and on-stage? No thanks!
There's an article in the NY Times that mentions how Howard Stern is currently promoting the Vote for the Worst site to throw a wrench in the American Idol season.
It will be interesting to see how the site continues to affect the show - Sanjaya wasn't even in the bottom three last week! On the flip side - it IS pretty sad that you can get more people in the US to participate in voting for the next American Idol than you can to come out to vote for the next American President!
Friday, March 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment