Tuesday, March 13, 2007

GIANT COCKROACH - on my LEG!!

I'm so oooged out right now that I can't even settle down. Yaaaaaaaaa!!!! WARNING - do NOT read any further if you are squeamish about bugs.

It's getting warmer every day now, so I'm having to shower twice a day to stay comfortable. I got into the shower about twenty minutes ago and started to wash my face, so naturally my eyes were closed against the spray of the water.

I felt this really WEIRD feeling sliding down my right calf.

I shook my leg, thinking it was the shower curtain. Then brushed the water out of my eyes to check the shower curtain - because it didn't feel like the edge of the curtain.

As I was looking at my right leg and the proximity of the curtain, I started to feel the same WEIRD feeling going down my LEFT calf. At that point, I freaked, because I knew it wasn't the curtain...I saw a big dark spot sliding down my ankle and quickly shook it off. (I had images of giant spiders - apparently they have huge ones here that eat roaches. And I've had little spiders in the shower before.)

Imagine how much I completely LOST it when I saw a HUGE cockroach - the biggest I've seen so far flipped over on it's back (LEG WILDLY WAVING) on the floor of my shower. I hopped out of there so fast!!

Luckily - roaches can't flip over once they've fallen on their backs. THANK GOODNESS!! After my freakout session - running around the bathroom, uselessly flapping my hands in the hair, quietly screaming my head off...I finally got some tissue and grabbed that thing and tossed it in the toilet and flushed it. EEEEEEEWWWWW ewwwwwww...I only had toilet paper to grab it with...and my hands were all wet...the shower was still going...so it wasn't very substantial. GROSS!!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!! I still can't settle down - I don't know how the damn thing got into my room. It's the first roach I've seen in the vicinity of my sleeping quarters. eeeeeyyyyyaaaa!!

I'm guessing it came from the roll of toilet paper that I brought it right before the shower. As I was pulling the toilet paper roll from the basket near the kitchen, I was thinking that I should turn on the light before I grab it...but I was lazy. Maybe it was in one of the rolls, and fell out on my leg as I walked with it to my bedroom.

UGH!!! It was on my LEG!!! It was touching my bare SKIN!!!! GROSS!!!! ARGH!!!

Sorry - I had to share, it's almost midnite here so I don't want to wake anyone - I could call people in the States, but they are probably at work. Yaaaaaaahhhhh!! GROSS!!

2 comments:

the swampgirl said...

Oh my goodness, you tell a story so well. I felt it crawling up my leg as I was reading your story. Hang in there girl.

Laurie

Mrs. Smong said...

Ohhhh my god !!!! I get freaked when I see little knats that park themselves on the walls near my lamps !!! I can't imagine what I'd do if that was me. Thank god you didn't faint !!! P.S. Your plants looooove it here in my house. I never knew that I had such a green thumb but seriously ... they are all growing to be so big. The ti leaf plant is amazing. The lambs ear and the lavender are doing so nicely as well. I can't name the other plants but I love them all the same.