Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Bread Lady!

I went to a book club meeting last night. I was introduced to the group via the same folks that I went to Srimongal with. It was an eclectic bunch of people - there were 4-5 older ladies and then there was a group of people that were more my age group.

I brought some homemade bread to share with everyone and dropped it off for dinner before I went to my pilates class. I joined the group after my pilates class and was greeted with shouts of "great bread"!!

Later when we introduced ourselves, I said my name...and the ladies who I hadn't met yet said, "Oh! The BREAD LADY!" They asked me if I was selling it - I said no. (But we may create a company via the non profit organization to help provide job placement for some of the clients that complete the training that we provide as a part of the UNICEF and FHI projects. I get to be a consultant on that job to teach folks how to bake bread!)

Anyways - the funniest thing is that sometimes people have a problem with my name here. Whenever I introduce myself - people just hear my last name and insist on calling me "Wong"!! =)

Just thought that I would share!

2 comments:

sparerib said...

Being the bread lady is better than being known as the beard lady.

Mrs. Smong said...

Perhaps you can open up an artisan bakery/coffee shop when you come back. Mission City has become a bit commericial so I'm on the hunt for a new place to study and caffeinate.