HOORAY for ME!! I just passed my belt test today and was awarded a YELLOW belt!! (or gold as they call it here!) =)
I seriously would have cried if I didn't get it today! A little 5 year old boy got his! (I would have been devastated if I didn't get mine, but he did!) I have to admit, I was worried - I messed up my last kata at the beginning and the end. =(
Yeah - I was feeling a bit fragile today. =p
Something of note - a girl in my class (a friendly british girl, who inspired an entire group of us ex-pats to join karate - including me) mentioned that I was awfully competitive! That was because I commented that some of the younger kids had gotten their yellow belts while I still had my white belt.
I suppose that is true - but I don't see much use in taking the class if I don't try my best. =) Besides, aspiring to the next belt gives me something to work towards and keeps me attending the classes when I'd rather not go. These days though - I am appreciating the opportunity to beat up the kick pad during class. What a stress reliever!
1 comment:
Congratulations !!! Now you have a yellow belt to match your yellow skin !!! Hee heee ... Only a fellow yellow-skinner could say that to you.
Congratulations on da belt.
(No worries about the comment on you being competitive. You're from the states, it runs in your blood. I would have been pissed if the 5 year old showed me up !!)
Post a Comment