Tuesday, August 28, 2007

October 2006 - SoCal Trip

I don't know if I've posted these pictures before - but since I'm archiving them on my portable hard drive, I figured that I'd share them on my blog.

Before I left for Bangladesh, I visited with friends in Southern California. I visited my grade school buddy, Samish in San Diego. We had a great brunch buffet at the Hotel del Coronado.

This picture (above) is my current desktop wallpaper - it feels like I haven't been to the beach or near the ocean in AGES!!

After visiting with Samish - I spent some time with my friend Gilda in Pasadena. It was her birthday and we spent a relaxing day...going to a Buddhist temple and then to the beach. We cruised along the Marina del Rey beach for a few hours in the afternoon before heading to Ruth's Chris Steak House for a memorable steak meal and creme brulee birthday dessert!




You really can't beat the weather in California! I loved seeing the clear blue skies when I came home to visit in August. =) I guess I'm feeling just a bit nostalgic and homesick today (looking at these pictures)

1 comment:

OogaBooga said...

These pics of your smiling faces just made me cheerful all of a sudden.