Friday, August 17, 2007

special bhurka

I think I've mentioned this to a few people in conversation before, but I haven't posted the pictures. There used to be a girl in the office who would wear a special type of bhurka. Her family follows a small muslim sect leader, from Yemen (I think).

This bhurka is a lot more colorful than the typical black bhurka that you typically see around Dhaka.



The red outfit that you see E wearing here is a typical salwar kameez. I usually wear a salwar kameez to work when I don't have meetings. They are usually quite comfortable and cool. The shawl or orna takes some getting used to, and I don't usually wear it in the office. I drape it over a chair when I'm at work. Wearing an orna (or dopatta in hindi) is a sign of respectability. So I guess I throw my respectability over a chair fairly often. =p

No comments: