Friday, August 31, 2007

New favorite blog!

I am admittedly NOT a fashionista, but last year I spent some quality time with a personal stylist to review my wardrobe and to help identify a personal style. Linda Buckman helped me to identify what was a good fit for me body, including what fabrics and colors suited me best. When I was working in a corporate environment, I found that how I presented myself at meetings (including my clothing) would change how others would perceive me. Put on a smart suit and a flattering pair of eyeglasses and I would change from regular me to SMART GIRL, project manager extraordinaire! =)

Anyways - working with Linda has helped me with the foundation and basics of a style. Now it's up to me to spruce up a solid wardrobe with a few seasonal pieces and explore my own likes/dislikes. Living in Bangladesh, with access to fairly inexpensive tailoring gives me further opportunity to play around with style.

One of the things that I like to do in my spare time these days is to check out various shopping or designer websites to get ideas on clothes to make. I was flipping tv channels and caught an interview of modern couture bridal designer, Amsale.

Amsale also has a blog which she posts on a weekly basis and I find that I like her advice and recommendations. She has a very simple and elegant sense of style. Here's a great article about personal style.

http://www.stylelist.com/blog/2007/02/02/your-personal-style/

No comments: