Tuesday, July 03, 2007

TOO present?!?

One of the reasons I decided to take a position overseas is that I was hoping to have the time to work on some personal goals. One of these goals was to "be more present". Because I'm such a planner and am not very spontaneous at all, I really wanted to work on becoming more aware of where I am and what I am doing now.

Apparently, I'm doing too good of a job being present and I've lost focus on longer term goals. (Not a good thing for a professional project manager!!) ACK!!!

There is a fine balance between being present and planning for the future (and implementing those plans). I guess it's more appropriate to say that one of the things that I am CONSTANTLY working on (as a person) - is learning to BALANCE. (balancing work and personal goals, balancing being a supportive friend and being overly helpful, balancing black/whites and greys)

By nature - the word balance evokes the picture of someone teetering on a tightrope or balancing beam.

I guess it's appropriate that I am a Gemini and have problems balancing between the different aspects of my multiple personalities! (hehe...)

1 comment:

OogaBooga said...

No, you're not "too present." You gotta be even MORE present! So, there.