Thursday, July 26, 2007

How's this for a Global Workplace?

It seems so surreal - I work in Bangladesh, but am currently spending some time at home in San Jose, CA USA for some R&R. Since it's a working holiday, I'm still logging in most days. I'm behind on a current project. =( BLECH!

Anyways - we are visiting Korrina in her home in Baltimore, MD. While the kids are touring about and I'm sitting in an internet cafe in New York City...doing work for my company in Bangladesh! Depending on the time, I'm also communicating with them via instant messenger and email.

It just blows my mind sometime at how global we've all become. It's no big deal for me to be working in Bangladesh out of remote locations on the two different coasts of the United States! Don't get me wrong - it's never as "easy" as working in the same location and speaking face to face...but we're not so many years from the days when people traveled by foot or via horses! It's not that long ago when it was thought that the world was flat! =)

Okay - I digress...back to work!

No comments: