Friday, July 13, 2007

back in the US of A!!

I'm back in the USA - just returned on the 10th of July and am readjusting to the local time table. It's a little hard - mornings are rough. I practically have to pry my eyes open at 10am! Evenings are weird - I get sleepy and can doze off at 9:30/10pm. But if I can stay awake past that witching hour, I'm up all night! So strange! Since I'm back for a month - between the east and west coast, I'm just trying to stay awake during regular people hours...while continuing to work an overlap with the office back in Dhaka, Bangladesh.

I think that the secret is to stay up at night, but not too late. I'm thinking - stay awake until 1/2am at the latest...and wake up at a reasonable hour 9/10am at the latest. I'm trying to make sure I spend some time in the sun everyday - it's supposed to help with the jetlag. Also - I'm paler now than when I left to go to Bangladesh, I need just a little bit of color! (Yeah - I know, skin cancer and all that...but I miss the outdoors and the California weather. You really can't beat it...the skies are so blue and gorgeous!)

I'm getting in my quality time with some close friends and their kids (my god-children). It's so wonderful to be able to give and receive hugs all day! What I miss in Bangladesh is my close network of friends. I've made some wonderful friends in Bangladesh as well - but coming home is always nice after a long absence. In California - all my friends have babies and nothing beats away the stress of a hard day at work than spending a little time with munchkins. That's unconditional love at it's best - especially if they're young enough to still love to give hugs and kisses.

So - within days of my return, I've spent time with Angie's three kids and Heather's little man. It's been so nice on so many levels to see them all. It's a nice break from concentrating so hard on just work. In Dhaka - much of my focus is on work, with a few short breaks for karate and workouts for mental health.

I'll have to buckle down and get some work done - since I'm still working. I think that I'll do about 4 hours during the day, after a morning walk with the dog and lunch with friends...then get online from about 9/10pm in the evening until 1/2am. That's the plan anyways - we'll see how it goes. Since Bangladesh is ahead by 13 hours from the West Coast - I'll be working Saturday thru Thursday nights to keep up with the project schedule. =) Good thing I'm getting my mental batteries recharged!

I know that I've been bad about uploading pictures - I'll get my original laptop up and running soon. I had them ship me a box to send my computer in to the IBM/Lenova depot center to replace the motherboard and cd/dvd drive. Then I'll take advantage of the high speed internet connections to upload loads of pics. OMG - the connection speeds are SOOOOOO FAST!! Like lightning!! (See how spoiled rotten you Americans are!!) =P

Here's some pics from the last few days with the kids!

Olivia and a chocolate dipped ice cream cone after a nice summer walk

The Williams Twins - Charlotte & Simon...please "No more paparazzi!!"

Mr. Coda Bear - mischievous little man...

AHAHAHHA - I've got your car and I'm leaving you behind!!

It's been wonderful seeing everyone and their kids! I'm so lucky to be so well loved by everyone!

No comments: