Sunday, June 24, 2007

THREE stripes!!

We had a board meeting yesterday - and it was a bit of a long day...but I had a FABULOUS evening!! Look! It's a picture of a RARE clear sunset in Bangladesh!

I had a belt test for my karate class and I got promoted from 1 stripe to 3 stripes!! Hoooray! (Okay - I was shooting for a yellow belt, but they are sensitive to the amount of time someone has spent in the academy apparently.) Anyways - you need to earn 3 stripes before moving on to the next belt. So - when I come back from the US...I'm shooting for the YELLOW belt! (Note the electrical tape that is used for the stripes!)
It's not much of a goal - but you know...whatever, it makes me happy. =)
To top off my evening - I was treated to a RARE sunset in Bangladesh, it was beautiful! Also - my flatmate, E is back in town so it was great to catch up! (She also brought me lots of yummy cheeses and like 10 cans of SPAM!!!)

No comments: