Saturday, July 14, 2007

Catch up photos...

I'm uploading some pictures associated with previous blogs...and other random things. =) Enjoy!!

Here are some pictures from E's birthday party...we're all wearing silly masks, see if you can find me in the crowd!


A few weeks before E's birthday - I celebrated my birthday as well. The office team chipped in to get me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and some yummy cake! The flower bouquet was so HUGE that I was able to make 5 separate arrangements for vases around the house! It made the apartment smell gorgeous for the rest of the week!

These were super fragrant - not the prettiest, but they had a lovely scent.




More flowers of Bangladesh - the tropical climate makes for the perfect environment for some beautiful foliage and flora.

These are frangopanni flowers (sp?) - they are similar to plumeria from Hawaii, but the petals are separate and don't overlap like the petals of a plumeria. They're so beautiful, I love to walk under these trees whenever I go to the American Club.


And now - some less beautiful pictures, but I hope you find them interesting, nonetheless! These are pictures taken from the car as we drove through a night market on the way home from work one night. The main street had been shut down for an event at the American Embassy and traffic was at a standstill! We had to divert to a smaller side street to access the "Rickshaw Bridge" to go home. I had never gone down this way so late before - so it was interesting to see all the night market action.



No comments: