Monday, September 10, 2007

HOW vs. WHAT

I've been doing a lot of web browsing lately - doing research on the website strategy for the work website - www.jobs-ict.com. As a result, I've been coming across LOTS and LOTS of different blogs and websites. I've been adding to my RSS reader subscriptions like CRAZY!

Here's another article that I wanted to share, it's a blog about how the delivery of a message is more important that the message itself sometimes. Especially in the workplace - how a manager delivers a message (or the "context" as I like to call it) is many times overwhelmingly more important than the content. It's obviously stuck a chord with me.

Here's the article: It's all about the HOW and not the WHAT

Also - I just discovered that there's an option to share your articles from your RSS feeds on your blog. I've just added a "widget" on the right nav of the blog that shows you the articles that I've tagged to "share". There's also a link to all the shared articles in my google reader. =) The cool thing about google is that a LOT of the web applications that I use regularly are now owned by google and connected via a single sign on AND widgets that allow you to link back and forth from the different applications. The BAD thing is that if google ever has problems - I could lose a lot of data!! =(

ah well - convenience over paranoia? we'll see...

No comments: