Sunday, January 21, 2007

web 2.0

Now that I am a bit more rational - I'm thinking that my biggest frustration is that I'm trying to build a web 2.0 site with a web 1.0 team! =) Actually, I'm going to be a bit of a nerd and ponder about this concept of Web 2.0 - I tend to do my best thinking typing or writing out loud...

From wikipedia:

Web 2.0, a phrase coined by O'Reilly Media in 2004,[1] refers to a perceived or proposed second generation of Internet-based services—such as social networking sites, wikis, communication tools, and folksonomies—that emphasize online collaboration and sharing among users.

Here is one of my goals for 2007 (professionally) - now I just need to put it into actual implementable steps and get it out there...(at least for the next phase - it's a given that the first release will be substandard at this point. We all know how HAPPY I am about that right now.)
The JIPLerz.com website should ultimately be built towards a Web 2.0 "standard". The site should be alive, feel very interactive and be both entertaining and useful. The site should be a place where people WANT to login on a daily basis because they want to see what’s new…they NEED to login on a daily basis because they will be behind socially and professionally if they DON’T login. The site should be dynamic both in the terms of interface design and usage, and in the way that users interact with it to find out information about the current job market, to create their CV and find a job. It should be fun – it shouldn’t be a chore.
Think about it - web 2.0 sites are places like YouTube, Blogger and wikipedia. These are sites where the technology enables a richer more rewarding web experience. The internet becomes a vital "interactive" part of your everyday world and life sucks without it. I'll have to do more research on this and strategize about how I can make this site more web 2.0.

Yeah - I AM a NERD!! =)

No comments: