I start out every morning with a tall glass or two from these bottles. Looks like liquor, huh? It threw me off the first time I walked into the office in Bangladesh and saw these on several desks.I'm a little slow sometimes, so it took me a little while to understand that it was clean, sterilized WATER that was being served in these bottles. (Seriously, I thought that maybe it was culturally acceptable in Bangladesh to drink alcohol in the office!!) In some homes, they boil their water for 10-15 minutes before letting it cool and pouring them into these plastic water jugs for storage. The "jugs" are two chambers situated on top of each other - the top contains a filter and the bottom one has activated charcoal to provide a secondary filter for the water. I'll have to take a picture and post it.
Since I saw that get up, I thought that everyone used that for their water needs. =) Well - we don't have one of those in my house either! Our water is stored in empty liquor bottles for drinking, cooking, washing fruits/veggies and brushing our teeth!!
Here's a few more pictures...including some shots of our kitchen. I thought it was a bit weird that both the stove, washer and dryer are out in this screened patio; but it actually works out well. The stove couldn't fit in the space provided in the kitchen, so it was installed out on that patio instead. Having the stove outside keeps the heat and the smell from coming inside as much. Having the washer/dryer out there too keeps the noise to a minimum...although the wash is usually done during the day while we're in the office.

No comments:
Post a Comment