Over the weekend i somehow killed my laptop - there was a BIOS update then the blue screen of death and now - nothing. The darn thing won't even start up. You push the button, some lights come up and then die. The screen remains black - my poor laptop!!
I called the US IBM support line - tried some option they asked me to do - no luck. They suggested that I bring it into a center because it might be something with the system board. GAWD!!
Luckily there's a partner in Bangladesh that can take a look at the laptop. Unfortunately, the technician that can handle this work is out until Tuesday! It will take them a day to troubleshoot the issue - and then if they need to order parts, it could take up to 6 weeks for me to get my laptop on the road again!
*sigh* if we can get the part figured out - I can have the country director maybe bring it back from the US - he returns this weekend though. If I can't get the part this week from the US - I'm going to come home early to get it fixed.
I can't live without a laptop these days! Luckily I've backed up my files a few weeks ago, so I won't lose a ton of data - but I could lose my photos from Pakistan. ARGH!! The laptop is not even a year old!! =(
Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment