Happy belated Mothers' Day to all you moms out there! (That's some hard work and dedication that is required to raise children!) =) YES - I called my own mother to wish her a happy m-day on the day of.
Here's some updates on what's been going on. After returning to Dhaka from Pakistan, I finally succumbed to a horrible cough that I was fighting in Pakistan. All those late nights finally caught up to me - especially since the flight home was thru the night.
Our original flight on PIA scheduled at 11:30pm was delayed until 4am...so we got on another airline called AirBlue, which departed at 1:30am. Sat in the Islamabad airport for several hours since we arrived for the original 11:30pm flight. These Pakistani airports require you to go thru no less than 4 various baggage x-ray machines at various point - each scan accompanied by a "pat down" by a female security officer to insure that I hadn't secreted any illegal weapons in my bosom.
We arrived in Karachi around 3:30/4am and went through another series of security checks as we checked into the international flight. We spent several hours in the PIA lounge, our return flight from Karachi was on business class (thank goodness!!). Luckily we were able to have some snacks, drinks and refresh ourselves - even if we weren't able to lay out and sleep. Some of us (but not me) were able to sleep on the lounge chairs. Our flight from Karachi to Dhaka departed at 7:30am - and we were FINALLY able to stretch out, relax and get some shut eye on the 3.5 hour flight. After dropping off our luggage and a quick shower, we all headed back into the office.
Maybe I should have just stayed home and slept - because my cough whooped my butt that weekend. I spent Friday and Saturday pretty much in bed or on the couch, hoping to recover. I'm only now starting to feel like I'm beginning to get over the thing - thank goodness for Nyquil, I'd never get any rest. Even with Nyquil, I'm up hacking a lung most of the night. *sigh* What a whiner! =)
Okay - so more catch up: the girl who I have problems managing in the "we've created a monster" post...gave her notice the week before we left to Pakistan. Actually on Wednesday the 3rd of May - the day before we left, she told me that she is planning to go for her MBA in India and will leave by the end of May. Yeah - after all that! I knew she was looking to do her MBA - we had talked about that and discussed what majors she was interested in. She mentioned that she was going to go to a local university while working, so the India thing was a surprise.
I'm sorry to say that I'm glad to see her go. =) It's horrible of me, but she's taught me a valuable lesson about managing in South Asia. (more details in a later blog)
Monday, May 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment