HOOORAY!!! OOOOOHHHH JOY!!!!
On Friday morning (a weekend for us in Bangladesh) - I received a call from the lost luggage center at Thai Airways. She had some good news for me! They found my luggage and they were sending it on the Dhaka flight that afternoon!!
Thursday afternoon - I had received a message that they knew the last destination of my luggage. Apparently - Japan Airways put it on a plane from Narita to Bangkok...so we knew it made it to Bangkok at least.
Apparently - my luggage was spending time with the Customs team in Rangoon (Myanmar - formerly Burma). Once they found it on Thursday/Friday - they shipped it PRIORITY to me in Dhaka.
The whole week the luggage was missing, I was telling myself that my luggage was full of "things" that could be fairly easily replaced...and that I should be very thankful that I made it here safe and sound. All that being said - I LOVE that my luggage showed up!! I had all sorts of goodies from the US (raviolis from Trader Joe's), soaps, teas, some cute t-shirts and tanks from Canada shopping and two adorable pairs of shoes.
Despite losing a luggage strap (brand new TSA luggage strap purchased for $20 Canadian) - all of my luggage seemed to have made it intact. I'm assuming that they cut the luggage strap in Myanmar customs to make sure there wasn't anything that would cause them problems. It doesn't seem like anything is missing.
Sooooooo happy!!
Monday, April 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I looooove the TJ ravioli ... I boil them up and eat them plain as a "snack". One of the moms in my pre-school brought the boiled ravioli as her contribution to our midday snack-meal for the kids. They looooved it. The mom's in my pre-school are all very "granola chic". They are all good to the environment, very hands on with their kids (and the foods they ingest) etc etc. I love it : ) P.S. Glad to hear that the luggage is back safe and sound. Good shoes are hard to find !!
Post a Comment