Sunday, April 15, 2007

Vulcan Surf & Turf


I've arrived safely in Vulcan, Alberta, Canada and am enjoying some quality time with friends and their babies. =) Trust me - the BEST way to ever get rid of any biological clock tickings is to spend several days or weeks with children in a single household. Ahhhh...tick tock tick tock...(silence prevails).

All kidding aside - the kids are a lot of fun and remind you to be a better person than you would normally be. They imitate you and look to you as a role model - what kind of person do you want them to emulate?

But - I digress...I just wanted to mention that I had snow crab legs and rib eye steaks for supper this evening. A delicious homemade SURF & TURF! I've missed me my beef while I was in Bangladesh - Alberta Beef, it's worth waiting for. =)

1 comment:

Mrs. Smong said...

Ever watch the show "Deadliest Catch" on the Discovery Channel. It's a show about fleets of boats who race to fish for king crab. I never would have guessed it before watching the show but fishing for crab is a very dangerous and physically demanding job. Fishermen often lose their lives by being swept into the icy cold seas. Competition for sea captains to find the crab and bring it into shore quickly is crazy. Rob thought about going up to Alaska to fish after college. He's glad that he chose an "indoor" job instead. Safe Travels home ... Enjoy the beef