Tuesday, April 10, 2007

...behind on posts / in transit

It was crazy last week - E and I came back from the states and the weekend was a whirlwind of social activities with some very interesting people.

I am currently in transit on the way to Vulcan, Alberta (Canada) to visit with friends/family and see my god-children. (Besides - I had to leave Dhaka because my 90 day visa expired and I had to leave the country.) It's a nice excuse for a vacation - one of my best friend's dad is having a big 60th birthday celebration so everyone is going to be in town for the event. They are like a second family to me and it should be great fun.

I'm writing from the lobby of the Reflections Hotel in Bangkok - I have an overnight layover on my way to Canada. It's a boutique hotel - only 30 rooms. Each room is decorated by a different local designer. I'm in the "Amazing Erotic" Room. Guess which piece of furniture came with an illustrated instructions diagram?

I love this hotel - it is so KITSCHY is fabulous! I've got tons more pictures to add later.


3 comments:

Mrs. Smong said...

Oh wow, I love the colors in the hotel room. It reminds me of a quilt, with everything drawing your eye all at one time. (Note, I am taking an art class this semester and I've been "trained" to look for the elements and principles of art:

Form
Color
Value
Texture
Line
Shape
Space
____

Unity
Proportion
Balance
Rhythym

Sammies's mama said...

Htat chair is interesting. Think I can find one like it at IKEA? :)

Caroline said...

Are you sure that is a *chair*?!