Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Dormitory Boys

Remember when youtube videos of these two chinese boys lip synching to the Backstreet Boy's "I Want it That Way" hit the internet scene?

I don't know what random thing I was doing the other day, but I ran across new videos of them and discovered that they actually have their own blog! Apparently, according to their wikipedia entry the two were sculptor majors in a fine arts college in China when they did their first video parody for fun. Their videos were so popular that they continued to create more parodies - including some pretty incredibly costumed chinese video parodies.

A popular Chinese media company hired the two when they graduated from college to continue to make video parodies and to promote various products. It's interesting how something these guys started doing for fun ended up being a great career for them.

Who says you can't have fun and love your job?!

No comments: