During Ramidan, it's considered to be inconsiderate and extremely rude to eat, drink or smoke in front of people observing Ramidan and fasting. During the hours between sunrise and sunset - nothing that provides satisfaction should be passing between the lips into the mouth (including the smoke from cigarettes, if you are a smoker)! I have other irreverent thoughts in my head about that rule, but this is a PG13 blog.
Since not everyone observes the fast during Ramidan - many of the dhokans cover their stalls with tarp or fabric to hide their customers from censuring eyes. I thought it was interesting and wanted to share.
Another irreverent comment - people who are fasting and cannot eat or drink all day have VERY stinky breath!! I guess the acids from the stomach and esophageal tract and the dry mouth (from the lack of liquid intake) just don't attribute to helping keep one's breath minty fresh! =p
No comments:
Post a Comment