Saturday, June 02, 2007

this week...

It has been a pretty hectic past 2 weeks - trying to keep up on work activities while we're short several pairs of hands.

I somehow contracted a flu that's going around and was feverish and delirious last week Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It's horrible being sick when the weather is so hot and humid - and it's highly contagious. Everyone else in the office contracted it shortly after I did. Ugh. (I'm still trying to get rid of the cough that I picked up in Pakistan as well.)

BUT - I did make it to karate class twice this week. (I can't remember if I've mentioned it before - but I joined a Wado-Ryu Karate academy, run by a Bangladeshi who studied in Japan...and used to own a studio in Texas before coming back to Bangladesh.) I finally got my white belt 2 weeks ago, after 2 intermittent months of classes. Last Tuesday was a test day - I was pleasantly surprised to receive a black strip on my white belt. Apparently after 3 stripes, you're eligible for a yellow belt. (hehe - you'll laugh at this, my black stripe is made of electrical tape on my traditional cloth belt.)

My laptop is definitely fried - I need a new motherboard and I have to wait until I get back to the US to get it. In the meantime, I'm using a new Toshiba laptop with Windows Vista and things work...but they're a little wonky. I can't edit my pictures for some reason - I need to make them smaller to post online.

But the one good thing about this weather is that mangoes are coming into season - they're sweeter and sweeter everyday! Also - there are some beautiful tropical flowers in bloom right now. I have some pictures that would fool you into thinking that I was in Hawaii!

I've got to figure out how to fix the pictures to post them. =(

No comments: