Well - as you may have read, it's been a pretty tough week for me. =) All I can say is that it's always a learning experience.
Thank goodness for weekends, or I would never get a break!! Wednesday and Thursday of this week, our team went to the American Club for a two-day offsite strategy meeting. Strategy meetings are exhausting! I was awake at 3am the first day of the offsite to prepare for it - and we didn't seem to get the answers we needed during the session, so it was frustrating.
Luckily, Day Two was MUCH more rewarding and I feel like we got some decisions made and next steps defined for the company.
Since I've been working so much this past week - I'm giving myself a break from work this weekend (even though I probably shouldn't...I've got a website to get online after all). Mental/emotional stability IS fairly important though. =)
Friday (the first day of the weekend) was dedicated to playing around with podcasts on iTunes and downloading music. Did you know that NPR has free podcasts of their radio shows? I also subscribed to a couple of Spanish language podcasts, Italian phrases, quick and dirty grammar tips, etiquette and manner tips and financial tips. There's even a podcast that gives you a new hour-long mix of workout music!! Technology IS cool!!
I did do a few productive things like pay a few online bills, install Quicken software and putz around the house. OH - and I had a tennis lesson at 8:15pm. I learned how to serve.
Today is Saturday (the last day of the weekend) and I've made 3 batches of bread. Read about it in my food blog. I plan to spend the rest of today catching up on blogs, computer backups and some online research. (yeah, I'm a geek.) haha! I can't believe it's 3pm already!! Where did the day go?
Saturday, February 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment