Sunday, February 18, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year!!

Okay - I'm a day late...but it's still Chinese New Year in the US. =) (Gong Hay Fat Choy!!)

2007 is the year of the Boar – http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/2007.htm

At home in the US with my family – I would have celebrated with several familial meals to close the previous year, celebrate the New Year and then open the New Year. My sister and her boyfriend in Baltimore, Maryland go up to a Buddhist Temple in New York after the New Year to get their fortunes read using fortune sticks. =) This year, my family is having some delicious Chinese delicacies (that usually only appear for Chinese New Year) without me…I’m sure that they will call to brag about it.

I haven't really gotten homesick yet - but I am feeling a bit melancholy and missing some home cooked chinese food. =) It's always the foods!

No comments: