I can't believe that it's been nearly a year since my last post. It's been an amazingly busy year. I've done a lot...but not nearly as much as I wanted to. And I don't know that I could have imagined my life as it is today. Sometimes I look at it as a personal hell of my own making. Most days though, I'm pretty happy.
I work 7 days a week. 4 days on at the restaurant (3.5 full days if you want to be accurate - 3 full days of prep and service/1 half day of prep and service). Another 4 days (roughly 20 hours - plus or minus) of retail work at the infamous kitchen store on Santana Row. Yes, for those of you that can do the math...that equals 8 working days. Basically, I only overlap workplaces on Wednesday. Boy was a joy to be around on those days until someone said that I needed to treat it like a big workout day and push through it. I'd like to say that I'm better at it now, but to be honest...some Wednesdays are good and others are hopefully forgotten.
I recently decided to treat myself to a pedicure the other day and realized what a difference it made. Not the actual pedicure itself (although my toes are looking quite dapper these days!) But the act of treating oneself...of taking the extra time and effort to make oneself feel/look better. I noticed that it really made me feel better about myself (even when I was wearing sneakers) - I had a little extra perk in my step and just felt better about myself overall. (Got talked into getting a manicure AND an eyebrow/lip wax in addition to the aforementioned pedicure. Man that lady was a great saleswoman! "Oh honey - you really should wax that mustache, it's very dark and ugly!"...so I guess I really was looking better!)
Take care of yourself - seriously, it's amazing what a difference nice undies make...or even matching undies. Getting a mani/pedi and a massage or whatever. Moral of the story is that we often overlook taking care of ourselves because we consider it frivolous and expensive. But it is usually the little extra things that puts the spring in our step. Wear your favorite perfume or cologne, use a favorite scented soap...whatever it may be. Don't be afraid to pamper yourself every now and again. Do it on a regular basis! You deserve it. =)
Friday, May 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment