Monday, October 23, 2006

Arrived safely - just in time to enjoy a 5 day holiday!

I have THE BEST timing! I stayed an extra day in Singapore, enjoying the luxurious comfort of the Four Seasons Hotel. I was trying to re-apply or extend my Bangladesh visa to allow for a longer stay (my current visa allows for a month long stay at a time, whereas other visas allow for 3 months stay per visit). The Bangladesh embassy was closed thru Wednesday for Malaysian New Year and Eid (celebrating the end of Ramadan) - so I left for Bangladesh from Singapore on Monday evening.

I arrived near midnite in Dhaka and settled into my new home. I'll be posting pictures in the near future. Tuesday thru Saturday are public holidays to celebrate Eid...and I start my new job on Sunday morning. Nice way to ease into things, huh?

More to come soon...

No comments: