Thank goodness for my video iPod! I watched that until I fell asleep that night! Luckily, I purchased a charger in Hong Kong that allows me to charge the iPod from an AC adapter using the usb adapter cable. The kit also came will all kinds of different outlets to be used in different countries. So awesome!
Other things to share:
- "Big people strollers" - the Christmas season before Olivia was born, Angie refused to go shopping with me at the mall because she didn't want to walk around. I proceeded to ask her if we could get a big person stroller to push her around...to which she replied, "uh, you mean a wheelchair?!" haha...anyways, in Vietnam you can rent this thing that looks like a wheelchair with rain coverings pushed by a bicycle to travel around town. It's kind of hilarious to see these really tall foreigners in these contraptions, because it really does look like a stroller being pushed by a bike!
- For some reason, people seem to be quite amused when they see me walk by. You know me - I'm just a big sweaty kid. So, when I'm walking around town, I'm keeping a fairly good pace because I've got to walk with a purpose, besides it's good exercise! As a result, I can get quite sweaty when I stop. (When I'm walking, the breeze keeps me cool...but when I stop I get pretty hot.) Anyways - everyone smiles when they see me or asks me if I want a moto ride (which I'm getting quite good at - riding on the back of a motorcycle, "look ma, no helmet!") The strangest thing is that many ladies brush my face with the back of their hands when they comment on my sweatiness and smile. One one hand, it's good that everyone wants to take care of me. On the other hand, it's just a little familiar for an American used to an arms length distance - but I'm getting much better at this touchy feely thing. =) I'm even getting used to the double kissing on both cheeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment